Saturday, July 11, 2009

Dutch Oven Peach Cobbler

This is my first post to this blog...but I had to share this delicious recipe. We have it all of the time in the summer. To me, it is the ultimate summer dessert. Just top with really good Vanilla Ice Cream and you are in heaven!





I'm not going to put quantities because it depends on the size of your Dutch Oven. Just make sure your peach layer and your cake layer are about the same depth size.

Peaches (canned or fresh)
White or Yellow Cake Mix
Butter


Place sliced peaches in bottom of your dutch oven using about 1/3 of the juices (if using fresh, pour in a small amount of Sprite for the juice). Evenly sprinkle the cake mix over peaches, making sure to cover them completely. Slice up a cube of butter and place evenly over cake mix. Cover with lid and put coals on both top and bottom (again, depends on how big your dutch oven is, usually around 12 each). Let bake for about 30 minutes or until cake is golden brown. Watch closely and serve with ice cream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you by chance have a recipe for peach cobbler not in a dutch oven? My husband and I love peach cobbler, but dont have a dutch oven..

Dixie Packer said...

I don't know about peach cobbler, but I know that she makes amazing Apple Crisp.