Thursday, July 9, 2009

Strawberry Whipped Sensation


My sister-in-law grabbed this recipe from a Better Homes and Gardens magazine and it is divine. Every time I've made it, I have used more oreo cookies than it calls for, and I have also tried it in a 9x13 cake pan and a cookie sheet. It has been yummy no matter how it is done. When I do it in a longer pan though, I usually need more cool whip too. ENJOY!


Strawberry Whipped Sensation

4 cups fresh strawberries, divided
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tub (8oz.) cool whip, thawed and divided
8 Oreo cookies, finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Butter, melted


Line 8x4 inch loaf pan with tin foil.
Slice all of your strawberries. Take out 2 cups and set aside to use for the top. Put the other 2 cups of strawberries in a bowl to be mashed. Chop your oreos.
Mash the 2 cups of strawberries in a large bowl. Stir in condensed milk, juice and 2 cups of the cool whip; pour into pan lined with tin foil.
Top with combined chopped cookies and butter; press into mixture. Cover.
Freeze at least 6 hours. To serve, invert onto plate. Remove foil. Frost with remaining cool whip. Top with remaining strawberries, sliced.

Makes 12 servings

1 comment:

The Duckworth Family said...

I totally snatched that recipe too! We had it at a baby shower this spring and it was delish!