Friday, September 14, 2012

Chicken Parmesan Casserole

I am going to try this one for dinner tonight.  It comes from the website foodwishes.com and had a recipe video and since there were no written directions, I typed the instructions for myself and figured I ought to share it here as well.

Chicken Parmesan Casserole
The end of Chicken Parmesan as you know it, by Chef John




 

Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
hot red pepper flakes, to taste
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 5, but they were huge!)
2 cups marinara sauce
1/4 cup chopped basil
8 oz mozzarella, shredded
4 oz Parmesan, grated
1 (5-oz) package garlic croutons

Put crushed garlic and olive oil in 9 x 13 pan and mix and spread to coat bottom.  Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.  Put chicken breasts in pan.  Put 2 cups of marinara sauce on top.  Sprinkle with basil.   Put on half the cheeses.  ( 4 oz. of mozzarella and 2 oz. of parmesan)  Put on croutons over the top.  Put remaining cheeses, other half.  Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.

1 comment:

Dixie Packer said...

So, we ended up having to cook ours for 1 hr and 15 min to get the chicken done. It tasted pretty yummy, but I think if I do it again, I will cook the chicken before and cube or shred it to make it more like a casserole. Kinda sad though, cause it sure was easy to put together.