Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Best Brownies



My cousin posted these on her site and they looked so yummy that I just had to share. I'm really looking forward to making these soon. Thanks Jessica! (and if you go to her site, you can see the cutest grins ever that will totally brighten your day)


The Best Brownies
-Seriously, they are the best you will ever taste. just one bite and you will be addicted. You will never go buy the boxed kinds again. Add a scoop of ice cream and you will be in heaven. I have a few friends who have a standing order for these brownies. No joke. Blue ribbon material!-

½ cup Butter 1 cup Sugar 2 Eggs 1tsp Vanilla 1/3 cup Cocoa
½ cup Flour ¼ tsp Salt ¼ tsp Baking Powder
Frosting: 3Tbl. Butter- soft 3Tbl. Cocoa 1Tbl. Honey 1tsp Vanilla
1 cup Powder Sugar

Preheat oven 350°. Grease and Flour 8” square pan. In a sauce pan melt butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa, flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter in pan and bake 25-30 minutes.
Frosting: Combine butter, cocoa, honey, vanilla, and powder sugar. (I add maybe a tablespoon of milk too.) Spread frosting over warm brownies. Let cool and serve.
Double recipe for a 9x13 pan.


--Jessica Mortensen

3 comments:

Amy said...

I can't wait to try these! They look delicious! Thanks.

Shalamar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shalamar said...

Holy cow! We just made these brownies and they're definitely the BEST I've ever had! The frosting was the best part. Brent just kept laughing because I couldn't stop smiling while I was eating them. 5 stars, worth gaining a lb or two over, well as long and you plan on working it off. :)