Saturday, January 3, 2009

Homemade Oreos

Hello! I am new here, but am excited to post recipes. Here is one I tried this week from another recipe blog!
I have tried other versions before, but this is the best I have had yet. Hope you enjoy!


Homemade Oreo Cookies (Big Batch)

2 packages Devils Food Cake Mix
1 cup margarine-softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Frosting:
8 oz. cream cheese-softened
1 cube butter or margarine-softened
1 pound powdered sugar (3 cups)
1 tsp vanilla

Mix together into cookie batter texture, roll into balls as big as desired (walnut size). Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes. Do not over-cook. Leave cookies on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes after removing from oven. Cool and assemble cookies spread with cream cheese frosting in the middle.

3 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

yay nat! these look yummy. they are different from the ones you made at thanksgiving, right?

Natster said...

way different and way better!

The Duckworth Family said...

I have to add a comment to this blog as I love doing home made oreos and so recently in light of the Valentine holiday we made a similar recipe but with strawberry cake mix. they turned out soooo dang yummy and really fun for the holiday. Just thought I would mention it!