Sunday, October 25, 2009

Beef Stroganoff

So I know all my recipes are kinda shady lately. That's how I cook, just throw in some of this, some of that and then when it turns out good I want to share it! This is the same stroganoff I make all the time except usually I use ground beef, but because of my beef excursion lately we had the REAL stuff!

Ingredients:

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
3/4 cup Sour Cream
1/2 onion
1/2 cup mushrooms (canned or fresh)
Beef (any variety really)
5 cups cooked Rice or Pasta

Slice thinly your beef and then cook in a large pan. Saute onions with your meat and then add the mushrooms. Once meat is thoroughly cooked add the cream of mushroom. Bring to boil (it's thick at this point) then add the sour cream. Cook at medium until heated through then keep warm until ready to serve.

Cook rice or pasta accordingly. Any pasta will do, but we prefer egg noodles.

I use the fat free soups, low fat sour cream and usually a very low fat ground hamburger or turkey. I also use wheat pasta or I think it's smart something? Anyway lower cal, higher fiber so any WW enthusiasts, it's only 3 points per cup instead of four! Anyway with these modifications you can enjoy your stroganoff for a reasonable amount of calories! Not to mention such an easy meal. We love some kind of bread and this week served it with our roasted carrots again...yummy!!

No comments: