Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches

This is something that I came up with, obviously it's nothing original, but it had been a very long time since I had been Grocery shopping, and running out of food, I raided my cupboards, fridge, & freezer, to find anything to make a decent meal for dinner! And Viola.........



They turned out so good! Thanks to my mother in law who gave me the hogie buns, and luckily, I had some leftover steak in my freezer. There is no set recipe to this, but I'll explain what I did!

Start out with a hot frying pan, with some oil. Add the Strips of steak, once halfway cooked, add the sliced onions and green peppers! (It would even be good with mushrooms!) Add salt and pepper to taste. I had a lot of juices left in the pan, so I dissolved a little bit of corn starch in water and added it to the steak mixture to thicken the rest up!

Then take your Hogie Bun, spread some cream cheese on top and bottom, use as much or little as you would like! I also prefer the low fat cream cheese! Once cream cheese is spread, pile on the steak mixture, then sprinkle on some shredded mozz. cheese on top! With both sides open, broil on high in the oven, just till cheese is melted! Close the sandwich up, and enjoy!

Serve with french fries, or a side salad! Very tastey, very easy, and very quick meal!

-Janine

1 comment:

The Duckworth Family said...

OOOH that looks yummy! I"m anxous to try now!