Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whatever you want soup!

So lately I have been making this soup in my crockpot a lot! I made it first about 6 months ago and Duck loved it so much he asked for it for FAthers DAY! I thought he was crazy, but whatever. We like it served over rice, but we also have it just as soup with some french bread or crackers. But the recipe is SOOOO s imple

3 Chicken Breasts (fresh or frozen, or even canned I guess{technically ANY meat that you think would taste goo})
3-4 cups cut Veggies, frozen, fresh, or canned! (Or 2 cans with juices)
2 Cans Cream of Soup any variety

Dump in a crock pot and let simmer away. Keep it at low for about 6 hours, or high for 3. Super Yummy, super easy and so many variations. Our favorite is a mixed can veggie and creamed corn with Cream of chicken, then served over rice. But we have done the cheese broccoli soup with broccoli....cream of celery with beans and corn, yesterdays was cream of mushroom with mixed veggies, creamed corn AND green beans. My kids LOVE it, my husband LOVES it and I LOVE how dang easy it is! ONe day I even added a cup of Sour Cream during the last hour to make it a bit creamy. Try it your style and share what combinations you liked!

Oh, and this serves our family twice, which is 2 adults and three kids under 5....so probably would be good for a larger family once.

No comments: