Friday, October 17, 2008

Chinese Chicken Salad

I was visiting my friend in Idaho Falls and her and her mom made this salad for us. Shalamar was with us and it was absolutely divine! Thanks Shall for having a craving and requesting the Recipe! And the fun part is, other than frying the won tons it's really easy! I'm all about easy.


Okay, so this picture isn't as wonderfull looking as the one I had from online, but this is the real deal that I made. I also took pictures of the process that I'll add below. I also added the recipe for the gioza's that were fabulous to add with the salad.






Mary Lemons's Famous Chinese Chicken Salad

1 lb skinless/boneless chicken breasts
1 head chopped iceberg lettuce
1 bunch chopped green onions
soy sauce
sugar
1 pkg slivered almonds
1/4 C toasted sesame seeds (you will have to toast then at home)

Dressing
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp accent
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 C salad oil
3 TBS japanese rice vinegar

Place chicken breasts in a pan, pour soy sauce over the breasts so just the bottom is covered. Sprinkle sugar on the breasts, cover with foil and bake at 350 until done.
Put all of the salad ingredients into a salad bowl, mix dressing really well (sugar must be dissolved) and immediatley pour over the salad and served. ***** we like to buy a package of wonton wraps and cut them into strips. You then warm up oil in a fryer and cook them till brown and crisp.

6 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

yum, can't wait to try this one!

Dixie Packer said...

have you ever looked for japanese rice vinegar? do they carry it at the store? i was wondering how it is different from rice vinegar. i made this salad the other night and it was delicious

The Duckworth Family said...

No i haven't ever looked for Japanese rice vinegar. In fact I didn't use a bunch of the ingredients when I made it because I worked with what I had at home. But it still turned out super yummy!

Shalamar said...

I finally made this. I'm so glad I did. I didn't use rice vinegar either. I just used the regular stuff and it was still good. Brent liked it and that means something. He's a picky eater.

Dixie Packer said...

did you girls use distilled white vinegar? what kind of oil did you use?

The Duckworth Family said...

I think I used white rice vinegar, although i really would have used just whatever was in my cupboard. I have balsamic vinegar and i would have used that if that's all I had, and I'm sure it would have been good. I also just used canola oil, although i would have rather used olive only because it has more flavor. My dressing was okay, I mean it was good, and with everything in it it was great, but I could have definitely added more of something to the dressing. Maybe the ingredients! Ha!