Friday, October 17, 2008

Japanese Gioza's


I'll probably have to have my mom or dad fix this recipe for me, but I always make it with whatever I have on hand, so here is how I made it recently.

Picture of my finished giozas




Japaneze Gioza's



Ingredients:


Won Ton Wraps (they come small, but if using the large squares, just cut into fourths)
1/4 pound of ground hamburger (I used the leanest kind)
1/8 cup Shredded Carrot
1/8 cup Shredded Zuchinni
1 Tbsp Minced GArlic
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp water
2 cups canola oil


Other Veggie ideas:
Celery
Cabbage
Onion


Directions:

Mash together the hamburger, garlic, veggies and Soy Sauce. Have your Wraps ready. Put 1/2-1 Tbsp of mixture in the middle of wrap. Using your finger, (clean hands!) and wipe a small amount of water around the edge of the wrap. Then fold in half and press together the sides. Just like closing an envelope! You will then cook them in hot oil for a few minutes on each side. If you have your skillet at medium heat and the meat will be done by the time the wraps are a golden brown.


The fun thing about these is that you can do whatever you want! You can add more or less mixture to the wraps, you can use circle warps, square wraps, you could make them larger with more veggies and do more of a roll. You can steam them for a more healthy version, ....the possibilites are endless! WE usually serve it with rice and stir fry chicken and veggies, but recently had the chinese chicken salad and these together with a small scoop of rice. It was fabulous. And don't forget to have the soy sauce handy for dipping!
Usually I use the small squares, but this time I got the large ones and cut them down.
Here is my meat mixture. I know my mom loves to use pork instead....again it's all about what you like! Make it vegetarian and steam it for a really healthy option.
Here are my Gioza ready for cooking

No comments: