Thursday, October 16, 2008

Pizza Pockets

This is our favorite and I am sure I make it almost every week. I can't take credit for this recipe, I got it from my sister-in-law Kristin.
Thanks for doing this blog Dixie, I can tell I'm going to love it!!

Pizza Pockets
Basic Dough:
1 T. yeast
1 c. warm water
2 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1 T. oil
Desired toppings:
Cheese
Ham (I use cut up lunch meat)
Pepperoni
Pinneapple
Olives
Sausage
Combine 1 T. of sugar, yeast and warm water in a bowl and let yeast dissolve. In another bowl combine the rest of the sugar, salt, and flour. Mix oil in with yeast mix and then add dry contents. Fold mix and knead dough until ready.
Divide dough into balls depending on how many pockets you want to make. A batch will usually make 6-8. Roll out dough balls into long rectangles. Put in desired toppings and then fold pocket over in half, pinch the edge of dough and bake at 350 for 15 – 20 min. Serve with pizza sauce over the pockets.
-Brook

1 comment:

Dixie Packer said...

yay brook. thanks. i love those recipes that are "family favorites" can't wait to try it