Thursday, November 13, 2008

Brazilian Chicken

So I'm not sure if this recipe is actually a real brazilian dish but that's what my family named it. About 6 years ago, my uncle married this brazilian woman and we all went over to meet her family and get to know them. They made this dish and our family fell in love with it. We continued to make it for years afterward. I finally tracked the recipe down from my older sister. I haven't made it in years but she said she makes it all the time and it's still great. I plan on making it sometime soon but I don't know when for sure. So if anyone makes it before me, let me know what you think! Sorry, I don't have a picture but it's a very pretty dish.

Brazilian Chicken

½ cube of butter
½ onion (yellow or white), chopped
3-4 green onions, sliced
1 Lrg. can Spaghetti Sauce (Hunt’s brand, Traditional)
½-1 can black olives, diced (depending on how much you want)
½-1 can green olives, diced(depending on how much you want)
½-1 can corn (depending on how much you want)
1 Small can Mushrooms (optional)
Sprinkle of parsley
1-2 pints cartons heavy whipping cream
2-4 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and cut
into bite-size pieces
Potato Sticks or 1 bag of Ruffles Original Chips

In a large frying pan, add butter, onion and green onions and cook about 5 minutes or until sautéed. Add spaghetti sauce, black and green olives and corn. Cook another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add mushrooms (if desired) and parsley. Next add heavy whipping cream. You’ll want to pour enough in so that the mixture turns a light orange color. You may not use the full 2 pints. Last, add chicken and let simmer another 5-10 minutes. Serve over rice. Add a handful of Potato Stix or Ruffles Chips on top.

*Potato Sticks may be harder to find and they don’t stay as crispy as the ruffles.

Yields: A lot! If you make it let me know! ; )

No comments: