Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sweet Chex Mix YUMMY!!!!

My love of cooking is starting to take off....I have loved watching the food network for sometime now, and with just recently getting married I have found myself more and more wanting to cook and try new things. This recipe isn't so new, but I have discovered it when I was trying to find some goodies for a Halloween party that I was in charge of....ENJOY!! it's super super easy I made it less then 20 minutes!!

(this makes a HUGE portion, just for a quick taste I would cut the recipe in half)


MIX IN LARGE BOWL:
1 12 oz box of golden grahams
1 16 oz box of rice chex
4 cups of coconut
2 cup slivered almonds

BOIL FOR 5 MINUTES OR TO HOLD BOIL STAGE. POUR OVER CEREAL MIX AND COOL ON WAX PAPER:
1 1/2 cup butter? (not margarine)
2 cups sugar
2 cups light corn syrup



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've made this TONS. Everyone always loves it! The only difference in my recipe is that it includes peanuts and wheat and corn chex, too. It's yummy!