Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Casserole

I made this casserole last night and I was so surprised. It turned out great. I will definitely make it again. I found the recipe in the magazine Better Homes and Gardens. It was awesome. Brent even liked it and he's not a huge casserole fan. I like this casserole because you could alter the ingredients to make it more healthy. For instance, you could use the 98% fat free soup, brown rice and mozzarella. Everything else is pretty good for you. And for the veggies, I used broccoli, corn and peas and they went together perfectly! I guess it just depends on what kinds you like. Enjoy!
1 can (10 3/4oz.) Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
1 1/3 cups water
3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
2 cups fozen mixed vegetables
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  1. 1. Stir soup, water, rice, onion powder, black pepper and vegetables in 11 x 8" (2 qt.) shallow baking dish.
  2. 2. Top with chicken. Season chicken as desired. Cover.
  3. 3. Bake at 375 degrees for 50 min. or until chicken and rice are done. Top with cheese. Let casserole stand. Stir rice before serving.
This is the picture in the magazine.

This is mine. I did a pretty good job, I'll say.




1 comment:

Dixie Packer said...

good job shal! it looks pretty easy to make. i'm all for easy!